Choosing The Best Carry On Backpack UK
I have travelled with too much stuff for many years and now know that a carry-on backpack of good quality is an investment worth making. You want your backpack to be able to carry everything you need. The best carry-on bags are light and comfortable and do not strain your back or shoulders.
Finding the perfect backpack can be a daunting task. There are many brands and models available, and there are several factors to take into consideration such as durability and cost. It must also meet the requirements of airlines. This buying guide will help you find the right carry-on bag for you.
Now you can see the best carry-on backpacks!
You are sure to find the right backpack that meets your needs, whether you’re looking for the best backpacks for international travel or business trips.
Continue reading to find out everything you need to choose the best carry-on backpack. This includes a comparison table of all of the top options, a guide on the features you should consider when choosing the best backpack to take on a trip, and individual reviews for each of the 2023 best carry-on backpack options. You can use this guide to find the best carry-on backpack for you, whether you’re looking for a small carry-on backpack or a large one. When hiking around mountains or The New Forest National Park, you want to have a comfortable and functional backpack.
The Best Carry-on Backpack in Australia for 2023
Want to purchase the best carry-on travel backpack 2023 now? Great! Our top pick in our reviews of carry-on backpacks in Australia.
Compare the Top 10 Best Carry-on Backpacks UK 2023
This carry-on backpack comparison chart will help you choose the right carry-on travel backpack for you. Compare the features of Australia’s best carry-on backpacks using this table. Click on the name of the product to get more information or current prices.
Top 10 Best carry on Backpacks for 2023
See our reviews of the best travel backpacks for carry-ons below.
How to Choose the Best Travel Backpack 2023
There are so many options when it comes to choosing the best carry-on duffel backpack, or the best carry-on backpack with wheels. It’s easy to get caught up in the cool designs and fancy functions. Before making a final decision, consider the following factors.
How much space you have inside is one of the main factors to consider when choosing which cheap carry-on backpack is right for you. The best air travel backpacks are usually measured in Litres, and the maximum allowed volume is 45L.
You will need to consider the capacity of the bag you choose depending on the items you plan to carry and the use of the backpack. You may need a larger capacity backpack if you are travelling with a camera or laptop.
Avoid choosing a backpack that is too large and bulky when you are looking for the best carry-on luggage. Remember that the size of carry-on backpacks must be small enough to fit in overhead bins. The dimensions of your largest carry-on backpack should be “flight approved” for the airline you are most likely to fly with.
Airlines have strict weight restrictions for carry-on luggage. Keep in mind that you can add up to 2kg to your luggage allowance when using the best backpack carry-on luggage.
Avoid carrying a heavy bag that can cause neck and shoulder pain. You should look for a backpack with a hipbelt and adjustable straps that will evenly distribute the weight from your shoulders to your hips.
Durability of Material
You want to ensure that the backpack you choose is durable. The material from which the backpack is constructed will have a big impact on this. Fabrics come in a variety of options. Below are the most popular options, along with their benefits and drawbacks.
- Cotton Affordably priced and breathable, it is a good material for long-term use. However, cotton is weaker than nylon so can rip more easily.
- Nylon : Strong, water-resistant and not very breathable. This could cause a sweaty back after wearing for long periods.
- Polyester Has a higher level of protection against UV degradation but is more likely to tear.
The stitching quality is also important in determining the life expectancy of a carry-on backpack. Although cotton may tear more easily, excellent stitching will make it last longer.
Additional Great Features
What features should the best carry-on backpack have? These will add durability, comfort and ease of use. Your preferences and usage will determine what features you choose for your backpack. Consider the following features:
- Different compartments Access to essentials like passports, tickets and water bottles are made easier when they are in a separate compartment. You don’t need to dig around the bag to find them.
- Water Resistance: This ensures that water does not enter the bag, protecting your valuables. It is important to have this feature if you are unsure of what weather conditions you will be traveling in. If the bag is not water-resistant, your gear could get wet even if you just wear it from the airport to the train station.
- Separate Laptop Sleeve: Ideal for travelers who are on business trips or travel with their laptop. Some laptop sleeves have extra padding for extra protection. They also make it easier to find your laptop.
- Adjustable hip belts: This ensures weight is distributed evenly from your shoulders, reducing strain on your back. It is especially important if the bag will be worn for a long time.
Top carry on Backpack Reviews UK 2023
AmazonBasics Carry-On Travel Backpack Review
Amazon Basics Carry-On Travel Backpack with Carrying Handle, Padded Shoulder Straps, Sternum and Waist Belt and 15-Inch Laptop Sleeve, One Size
Laptop rucksack made of durable polyester, weighing 3.6 pounds. Ideal for work, school, hiking, travel, day trips, weekend trips or outings.
- Amazon Basics Carry-On Backpack 45L: Features removable sternum and waist straps, as well as padded handles on the side and top. Colour: Black
- Organiser & key clip in upper main packing compartment. With hidden water-bottle pockets. Features 2 internal & four external compression straps, plus front pocket and front top pocket.
- Hand wash Only
- Zipper Fastening
- Laptop Backpack: Includes a padded and zippered back pocket for storing a 15″ MacBook; removable strap allows bag to be carried over the shoulder. Cabin size luggage is designed for both men and women.
- Dimensions: The main compartment of the cabin bag measures 14 x 35.5 to 54.6cm in length, width and height; the front compartment measures 7.6 to 12.7 x 35.5 to 54.6cm in length, width and height. A full-expansion zip provides an additional 10% of packing space.
Bellroy Carry On Travel Backpack Review
Bellroy Transit Backpack (15’’ laptop, compression straps, adjustable sternum strap, contoured back panel, organization pockets) – Nightsky
- Capacity: 28L
- Dimensions: 52 x38 x14 cm
- Weight: 1.1 kg
- Material: Recycled Plastic
Bellroy is known for its quality, and it’s not surprising that they offer the best backpack to use on planes. Bellroy’s backpack size for carry-on is generous at 28L. It has plenty of room both inside and outside.
This backpack is packed with great features, including a separate compartment to store gym equipment or dirty clothes that you do not want to touch anything else. It also has a 15″ laptop compartment and four pockets for passports, drink bottles, etc. on the front and side of the bag.
There are also internal compression straps that can be used to save space, and secure clothes and other essentials. This bag is also made of 100% recycled materials.
- The best carry-on size backpack for long weekends
- Internal compression straps
- Made from recycled plastic bottles
- Backpack cabin luggage is a more expensive option
Osprey Farpoint 40 Backpack Review
- Capacity: 40L
- Dimensions: 56 x36 x23 cm
- Weight: 1.36 kg
- Material: 210D Nylon Mini Hex Diamond Ripstop
The Osprey Farpoint is the perfect lightweight backpack for travel. Osprey has a great reputation, so this bag will be durable. It is a backpack but it has a multi-functional opening that opens like a suitcase, making packing much easier.
The best Osprey carry-on backpack is made of Nylon and is resistant to water. The hip belt and harness is another great feature. It distributes the weight evenly across your hips to make the backpack very comfortable when hiking the best trails in the new forest. The backpack also has a laptop compartment, as well as mesh pockets to safely store your belongings.
All Osprey products are covered by a lifetime guarantee.
- The hip belt distributes the weight evenly
- The fabric of nylon is resistant to water
- Highly Durable
- The rain cover is not included
Pacsafe Unisex Venturesafe 28l G3 Backpack Bag
- Date First Available : 12 Feb. 2020
- Manufacturer : Pacsafe
- ASIN : B084QMJ32M
- Department : Unisex
The brand is Pacsafe, THE travel safety brand. Two Australian globetrotters founded Pacsafe. They have dedicated their lives to developing innovative safety features that will ensure travellers can travel with ease and comfort. Every article is the result of 20 years of development in security at the highest levels.
FACTS: This 28-litre Venturesafe backpack is spacious, versatile and equipped with anti-theft features. Product details – Material: 100D Nylon Diamond Ripstop, Product dimensions (W x D x H): 29 x 19 x 48 cm, Weight: 0. 9 kg, Volume: 28 litres.
Hand wash Only
Venturesafe 28L G3 Backpack
SECURITY: RFID blocking material and pockets: RFID technology protects personal data, making data theft impossible. The blocking material prevents hackers from scanning IDs and cards. PopNLock Security Clip – Due to its removable closure, this bag can be attached securely to any solid object.
INNOVATION: System of hydropack, Roobar – Sport Locking System. The zippers cannot be opened in the course of a walk, thanks to a lock and cable for interlocked zippers.
MATERIALS: Carrysafe Slashguard with Dyneema Fabric and eXomesh Slashguard: Double stainless steel reinforced straps that protect against slash and run theft.
Mystery Ranch 2 Day Assault Backpack
The 2-DAY is an option that’s scaled down for those who aren’t military enthusiasts. It has a smaller size and more everyday functionality. There is enough MOLLE to accommodate a variety of attachments, from flashy pocket accessories to everyday urban necessities. The floating computer sleeve is a great addition to a 3-DAP.
- Ergonomically shaped shoulder straps
- Splash-proof YKK zips
- Mesh padded and height-adjustable back area
- MOLLE webbing on the front, sides and bottom
- Water drainage eyelets on the base
Color Coyote Size S-M Style Classic Material composition 100% Nylon Material type CORDURA Number of items 1 Outer material Cotton Seasons Autumn/Winter Features Rain cover Sport Hiking Volume capacity 27 litres Batteries included? No Brand Mystery Ranch Department Unisex Manufacturer Mystery Ranch Item model number 111183-215-25 Product Dimensions 21 x 12 x 11 cm; 1.5 Kilograms ASIN B07TWMZFJ9
HOMIEE Carry on Travel Backpack Review
HOMIEE Carry on Travel Backpack Cabin Size, Expandable 40L Flight Approved Cabin Bag Hand Luggage Suitcase Backpacks Fit 15.6 Inch Laptop, Anti Theft Casual Daypack Water Resistant Hiking Rucksack
Anti_Theft, Ergonomic, Adjustable, Water Resistant
- [(Spacious and Flexible Storage Space)]Due the expandable design, the laptop backpack’s space can be increased from 22L to 40L.Size : 45 x 15 x 30cm (Daily use), 45 x 35 x 20cm (Travel).The airline will allow you to fly with a travel rucksack that is 45x36x20cm.
- [Multiple Pockets]The backpack features 2 main pockets, 1 laptop compartment (up to 15.6Inch Laptop/Tablet), 1 anti-theft pouch on the back, and other pockets that are suitable for a 2-7 day trip.
- [Waterproof Material]This travel backpack is made of a hydrophobic material that prevents small amounts of water from entering your bag. The largest compartment has a separate pocket for wet items such as toiletries and wet clothing.
- (Bult-in USB Charging Port And Headphones Port)This carry-on backpack has a USB charging port on the side so that you can charge anywhere. The luggage strap at the back of this rucksack can be used to attach the backpack and suitcase.
- [(Customer service & warranty)]Have a problem? Please feel free to contact us via Amazon. Warranty of one year from the manufacturer and 30 days free returns. The perfect gift for travel-loving men and women, as well as for Father’s Day and Christmas.
Mark Ryden 23L/40L Business Carry-on Travel Backpack Review
Mark Ryden 23L/40L Business Carry-on Travel Backpack, Lightweight Flight-Approved Expandable Weekender Bag with USB Charging Port fit 17.3 Laptop
- Capacity: 23L – 40L
- Dimensions: 46,6 x 35,2 x 8,4 cm
- Weight: 1.2 kg
- Material: Water-repellent Cloth
This carry-on backpack is designed with a sleek, practical look that will meet your backpack needs. The backpack is made of water-repellent material and has three pockets that are easily accessible. It contains seven compartments.
Adjustable waist straps, mesh shoulder straps, and mesh shoulder straps help to reduce pressure on shoulders.
This backpack can be folded down to 25 litres for everyday use or to meet the requirements of more strict airlines. This Backpack comes with a built-in charger cable that makes it easier to charge your smartphone, which is great for those who are tech savvy or frequent phone users.
KROSER Travel Laptop Bag Review
KROSER Travel Laptop Backpack 17.3 inch XL Computer Backpack Stylish College Backpack with RFID Pockets USB Charging Port REFLECTIVE STRIPS Water-Repellent Day pack for Business/Men
|19.3 x 31.19 x 43.18 cm; 1 Kilograms
|Item model number
|Are Batteries Included
The KROSER Travel laptop Backpack is the next best backpack to use for air travel. It is one of the most popular backpacks in our list. There are many compartments and safety features.
This bag has a durable water-resistant material and two shoulder straps that are padded with a quick-release buckle between them. This backpack is a carry-on size of approximately 44 litres, making it one of the best backpacks to use for traveling by plane.
The RFID-protected pockets provide protection while travelling. There is also an inbuilt side USB connector for charging devices that you can connect to a powerbank. The backpack has plenty of compartments and pockets on the front and sides, as well as space for a laptop 17″. It’s best for international carry-on backpacks because of the luggage straps.
This lightweight carry-on backpack is a neutral style, but it excels in durability and convenience!
- USB port with RFID-protected pockets
- Lots of compartments
- Super durable
- The design is not the most stylish
BANGE Carry On Backpack Review
35-45L Carry On Backpack Weekender Travel Backpacks 17.3 inch Laptop Back Pack Business Expandable Bag for Men and Women
- Capacity: 26-45L
- Dimensions: 49.5″ x 33″ x 29.2cm
- Weight: 1.55 kg
- Material: PVC front + Oxford body
The best carry-on travel backpack isn’t your average carry-on bag. This is a backpack with a large capacity, divided compartments and expandable storage.
The BANGE travel bag features top and side handles as well as shoulder and waist straps that have a buckle in between. This allows you to customize the bag and use it however you like.
This bag has a variety of compartments. It includes a back pocket that is hidden for valuables. There’s also a large central zippered compartment, an additional waterproof pocket, three zippered front pockets, and a separate pocket for toiletries. It can be expanded from 26L up to 45L with the help of side compression straps. The bag is waterproof and has a separate pocket for a laptop.
This bag is a great choice for keeping organised, even though it can get quite heavy.
- A backpack that opens up like a suitcase
- Expandable from 26L up to 45L
- Waterproof Material
- It can be quite heavy if your goal is to maximize space
Kaka Duffle Backpack Review
- Product Dimensions : 29.97 x 14.99 x 56.9 cm; 898.11 Grams
- Date First Available : 31 May 2017
- Manufacturer : KAKA
- Manufacturer reference : 2050
- ASIN : B071ZMLMH7
The Kaka Carry-on duffle bag is made of durable, tear-resistant oxford material. The shoulder straps can be easily hidden if you wish to use the bag as a duffle.
The shoulder straps have an “S” shape to ensure a perfect fit. They are also made of elastic and breathable materials for maximum comfort. The main compartment has enough space to hold a laptop up to 17 inches. The front compartment also has many pockets for storing all your essentials.
The Kaka carry-on bag is a great option if you are looking for a backpack that can be used for multiple purposes. This backpack is perfect for camping, hiking and day trips.
- Tear-resistant fabric
- Durable and built for lasting
- When needed, it can be changed to a dufflebag
- This backpack is heavier and bulkier than other backpacks in this list
The material is water-repellent Oxford fabric, which has a high density for durability. The lining material is made of polyester and it is wear resistant. Two “S” curve shoulder straps are padded to relieve your shoulders. This is a comfortable and perfect design.
Two front pockets for a reasonable amount of storage. The smaller pocket is designed to hold items such as keys, cards or wallets. It can be easily removed. The other U-shaped compartment has two compartments that are large enough to accommodate your ipad, notebook, power bank and more. The side pocket features a laptop compartment with a size of 18″*11″. (Large size will fit most 17″ laptops). Side pockets with mesh to keep taller umbrellas and water bottles secure.
Hand wash Only
Approx Dimensions: Backpack size:L12″ x H21″x W7″, Capacity:35L,Weight:3.53LB.The best choice for short trip or international travel and the best gift for women and men,boys,girls,teens.
Multifunctional Daypack: – Includes hidden shoulder straps and a detachable additional strap. Can be uses as BackpackShoulder backpackDuffle bacpackk, which offers a secure & long-lasting usage everyday & weekend, perfects for Traveling, Weekend getaways,Camping?Hiking? Office work, outdoor activities and more. Also college high school student backpack for women and men,boys,girls,teens.
International products are different from local products in terms of fit, age rating, language, product labeling, instructions, etc.
This guide is a great resource for choosing a carry-on backpack. Are you looking for more travel or camping essentials? You can find out about the best camping and travel gear, including the best backpacks for hiking, the best backpacks for traveling, the best cameras, the best camping stoves, the best tents, the best sleeping bags, the best camp showers, the best backpacks to carry your luggage, the best backpacks to use as carry-on luggage, the best backpacks that you can use on the road, the best backpacks designed specifically for travelling, the best backpacks made specifically for hiking, the best backpacks suitable for travel, the
Disclaimer As an Amazon Associate, I earn money from qualifying purchases.